No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Sony FE 35mm F 1.4 GM lens
- E-mount lens / full-frame format
- Aperture range: f / 1.4 to f / 16
- Two XA elements, one ED element
- Nano AR II coatings and fluorine
- Dual XD linear AF motors, internal focus
- Focus hold button, AF / MF switch
- Physical opening ring; Click delete switch
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens | E-mount
A classic main wide angle with a sleek and updated design, the Sony FE 35mm f / 1.4 GM is characterized by its speed and relatively compact form factor. The versatile focal length suits everything from street shots to landscapes to documentary subjects, and the fast maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and for controlling depth of field. Furthermore, as a G Master lens, it features an advanced optical design for well-corrected images with a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
Two XA (eXtreme Aspherical) elements and an extra low dispersion element reduce a variety of aberrations, color fringing and distortion, and the optics are complemented by a Nano AR II coating that also suppresses flare and ghosting to enhance contrast . Balancing the optics is an XD linear motor system that uses two separate focus motors to deliver particularly quiet, precise and fast autofocus performance. The lens also has a dust and moisture sealed design and a fluorine-coated front lens element to aid shooting in inclement conditions.
- As part of Sony's popular G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve remarkably high resolution and sharpness by correcting a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive to handle physical designs to benefit both photography and film applications.
- The 35mm wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- The remarkably fast f / 1.4 maximum aperture benefits when working in difficult lighting conditions and also allows greater control over depth of field.
- Two XA (Extreme Aspherical) elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and an accurate representation.
An extra low dispersion element is included in the lens design that helps reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing to improve clarity and color neutrality.
- Nano AR Coating II has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare and ghosting to increase contrast and color reproduction in bright lighting conditions. This updated coating is better suited for larger curved items and is especially adept at minimizing internal reflections.
- Two XD linear motors, coupled with an internal focusing design, provide fast, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance. This design also contributes to a more natural and intuitive linear response manual focus control and an AF / MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- A focus hold button is included on the lens barrel for intuitive touch control and quick access to selected settings.
The physical aperture ring can be clicked off for smooth and quiet aperture change for the benefit of video applications.
- The sealed design against dust and moisture allows for better work in inclement conditions and the rubber control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- The fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- The rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to pleasant bokeh quality when using selective focus techniques.