No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Sony FE 24mm f / 2.8 G Prime Lens
- E-mount lens / full frame format
- Aperture range: f / 2.8 to f / 22
- Aspherical elements and ED
- Minimum focus distance: 9.4 «
- Dual XD linear AF motors, internal focus
- Focus hold button, AF / MF switch
- Physical opening ring; Click override switch
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm
Sony FE 24mm f / 2.8 G Prime Lens | E-mount
A target classic wide angle, the FE 24mm f / 2.8G lens by Sony is characterized by its speed and its ultra-compact form factor. The versatile focal length is suited to shooting everything from street to landscape to documentary subjects, and features advanced optical design for well-corrected images with a high degree of sharpness and clarity. The 2.7 x 1.8 "form factor makes it easy to have on hand at any time. The lens design includes extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements to reduce a variety of aberrations, color fringes, and distortion. The optics are complemented by a coating that also suppresses flare and ghosting to improve contrast. Balancing the optics is an XD linear motor system that uses two separate focus motors to deliver particularly quiet, precise and fast autofocus performance. The lens also has a sealed design against dust and moisture to help shooting in inclement conditions.
- Designed to achieve remarkably high resolution and sharpness by correcting a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations, this lens features a robust and intuitive physical design that benefits both photography and film applications.
- The 24mm wide angle lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- The extra-low dispersion element is included in the lens design and helps reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing to improve clarity and color neutrality.
- Two XD linear motors, coupled with an internal focusing design, provide fast, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance. This design also contributes to a more natural and intuitive linear response manual focus control and an AF / MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- A focus hold button is included on the lens barrel for intuitive touch control and quick access to selected settings.
- The physical aperture ring can be clicked off for smooth and quiet aperture change for the benefit of video applications.
- The sealed design against dust and moisture allows for better work in inclement conditions and the rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- The fluorine-coated front element is easy to clean and resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints.
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes to pleasant bokeh quality when using selective focus techniques.