No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Evil Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III Camera Silver Kit 12-40mm Black
- 20.4MP Micro Four Thirds Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- 2.36m dot OLED EVF with 0.67x magnification
- 3.0 "1.04m-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p video recording
- Image stabilization with 5-axis sensor shift
- Shooting at 10 fps, ISO 200-25600
- 121-point cross-type phase detection AF
- Weather-sealed construction
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm lens
Evil Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III Camera Silver Lens 12-40 Black | 20.4 Mp, 3.0 ″ tilting screen, 4K video, Wi-Fi, 5-axis stabilizer
Packing a wealth of capabilities within a particularly compact design, the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera with great speed, precision and versatility. With a 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M5 Mark III offers fast continuous shooting at up to 10fps with a mechanical shutter, shooting at up to 30fps with an electronic shutter, and DCI video recording and UHD 4K. The sensor and processor combination also offers a sensitivity range of up to ISO 25600, while a sophisticated 5-axis sensor shift image stabilization system compensates for up to 6.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Complementing the image specifications, the sensor design also incorporates 121 phase detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast detection areas for fast, accurate focus and subject-tracking performance.
Despite all its performance-oriented attributes, the E-M5 Mark III manages to maintain a sleek design, which is also weather-sealed for use in harsh weather conditions. A high-resolution 2.36m-dot 0.67x OLED viewfinder is included along with a 3.0 ”1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a vari-angle design to accommodate working from angles. tall, short and facing forward. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless transferring and remote control of the camera from paired mobile devices.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
A 20.4MP high-resolution Live MOS sensor works in conjunction with a TruePic VIII image processor to promote fast shooting performance, a sensitivity range of ISO 200-25600, and versatile 4K video recording capabilities. Ideal for photographing moving subjects, the sensor and processor combination also features a full resolution continuous shooting speed of 10 fps for up to 150 consecutive RAW files when working with the mechanical shutter. When shooting with the silent electronic shutter, this shutter speed can be increased up to 30 fps with single-shot AF for up to 23 consecutive raw frames or 10 fps shots with continuous AF for up to 152 consecutive raw frames. If you record JPEG files, you can take unlimited sequential shots until the memory card is full.
DCI and UHD 4K video recording and OM-Log
The sensor and processor also support 4K DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160) movie recording. When working in DCI, a true frame rate of 24.00 fps is used, along with IPB compression and a bit rate of 237 Mb / s, and UHD 4K is available in frame rates of up to 29.97p and a 102 Mb / s bit rate. Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording is also supported. Audio recording is possible using the built-in stereo microphone, and an external microphone jack is available to enhance the quality of audio recording. Use of an external recording monitor is also possible, via the HDMI output, which supports 4: 2: 2 8-bit color for a wider range of color correction.
In addition, a time-lapse movie mode is also available to record up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5fps shooting speed to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are also available, as well as a high-speed Full HD setting with a frame rate of 120 fps.
121-point crossover-type phase-detection AF
An advanced autofocus system combines 121 on-chip phase detection points and 121 contrast detection areas for fast and accurate focusing performance. The 121 phase detection points are also cross-type, to improve precision in mixed lighting conditions, as well as to enhance subject-tracking capabilities. Different focus modes are available to suit working in various shooting conditions, including 121 points, for general use; 25-point group, for moving subjects such as birds and wildlife, and when 121 points is too wide; Group of 9 points, for smaller and more distant subjects; 5-point group, for when 9 points is too wide or to suit working with closer moving subjects; Individual, to work with small or fixed subjects that do not move; and small AF for working with close-up subjects. Custom AF targets can also be set,
Image stabilization with 5-axis sensor shift
In-body sensor shift image stabilization helps minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera shake that becomes especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots. macro images and long exposures. Additionally, this unique image stabilization system works on five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and camera shake. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, when combined with select lenses with optical image stabilization, vibration compensation of up to 6.5 stops is possible.
Body design and connectivity
- The 2.36m-dot high-resolution electronic viewfinder is available for eye level monitoring and offers a maximum magnification of 0.67x for clear, distortion-free viewing.
- The rear 3.0 "1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to allow working from a variety of angles, and is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback. Additionally, a Live View Boost mode can be used to optimize screen brightness and prioritize frame rate when working in dark places.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to provide approximately 310 shots per charge.
- Charging the battery in the camera is supported through the micro-USB port.
- The single SD memory card slot is UHS-II compliant for fast read / write speeds.
- Wide accessory compatibility provided with the addition of a microphone port, top shoe, micro-USB and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remote controls.
- Rugged splash, dust and freeze proof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the body design to accommodate work in harsh weather conditions and harsh environments.
- The supersonic wave filter and a dust resistant coating are used to greatly reduce the probability of dust reaching the sensor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated OIShare app for iOS and Android.
- High Resolution Shooting mode delivers the equivalent output of a 50MP JPEG image or 80MP raw image by combining eight sequentially recorded frames into a single larger image. Between each exposure, the sensor shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly to acquire more information than in a single exposure, and these frames are composed into a final image with higher resolution and color detail. TruePic VIII processing aids this shooting feature by compensating for any motion blur of the subject and this feature can also be set to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works only to record newly detected light sources over time and allows you to see how an image develops, making it ideal for shooting star trails or other moving light sources.
- The Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure images. Live Bulb allows you to keep the shutter open for up to a minute and Live Time allows you to press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Professional Capture Mode is a one-time setting that begins recording and buffering full resolution JPEG or raw images before the shutter is fully pressed. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, the frames will start recording, and once you press the shutter fully, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 35 frames. Also, you can hold down the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
- Interval shooting supports up to 999 frames with exposure intervals of 1 second to 24 hours.
- Anti-flicker shooting automatically detects the frequency / flicker of artificial lighting and triggers the shutter at times of brightest to produce exposures with consistent exposure and color.
- In-camera focus stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the focus plane slightly and then combine these exposures into a single frame to display an extended depth of field. Alternatively, focus bracketing allows you to record between 3 to 999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a range of 1 to 10 for manual composition during post-production. These modes are only available when working with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f / 2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f / 2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f / 2.8 PRO, 30mm f / 3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f / 2.8 PRO, 8mm Fisheye PRO f / 1.8, 300mm f / 4 IS PRO and 12-100mm f / 4 IS PRO lenses.
- Keystone compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view. Similarly, Fisheye Compensation allows you to use the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f / 1.8 Fisheye PRO lens as a rectilinear wide-angle lens by correcting and removing distortion.
Camera + Lens 12-40 mm