No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Evil Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III Camera Black + 12-40mm f / 2.8
- 20.4MP Micro Four Thirds Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic IX Image Processor
- 2.36m-dot 0.74x electronic viewfinder
- 3.0 ”1.037m-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p video recording
- Image stabilization with 5-axis sensor shift
- ISO 200-25600, shooting up to 15fps
- 121-point cross-type phase detection AF
- Weather-sealed construction
- M.Zuiko 12-40mm f / 2.8 PRO lens
Evil Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III Camera Black + 12-40mm f / 2.8
A camera designed with speed, versatility and portability in mind, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III is a complete Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera suitable for a variety of still image and video needs. With a 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and an updated TruePic IX image processor, the camera features fast continuous shooting, up to 60fps with electronic shutter and 15fps with mechanical shutter, as well as DCI and UHD 4K video recording. The sensor and processor also offer a sensitivity range of up to ISO 25600, while a sophisticated 5-axis sensor shift image stabilization system compensates for up to 7.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Beyond imaging, the sensor design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast detection areas for fast and accurate focus and tracking performance. subject.
Regarding the physical design of the E-M1 III, it features a durable magnesium alloy body along with extensive weather sealing to withstand severe weather work. Also included are a 2.36m dot 0.74x magnification electronic viewfinder and 3.0 "1.037m dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Additionally, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth further expand remote shooting and sharing capabilities, and dual SD card slots offer greater flexibility for saving files.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic IX Image Processor
A 20.4MP high-resolution Live MOS sensor and an updated TruePic IX image processor work together to deliver remarkably fast shooting performance, an expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 25600, and versatile 4K video recording capabilities. Ideal for sports and wildlife photography, the sensor and processor combination offers a continuous full-resolution 15fps shooting rate for up to 101 consecutive RAW files when working with the mechanical shutter. When shooting with the silent electronic shutter, this shutter speed can be increased up to 60 fps with single-shot AF for up to 50 consecutive raw frames or 18 fps shots with continuous AF for up to 90 consecutive raw frames.
DCI and UHD 4K video recording and OM-Log
The sensor and processor also support 4K DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160) movie recording. When working in DCI, a true frame rate of 24.00 fps is used, along with IPB compression and a bit rate of 237 Mb / s, and UHD 4K is available in frame rates of up to 30p and a frame rate of 102 Mb / s bits. Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording is also supported. Audio recording is possible using the built-in stereo microphone, and both an external microphone jack and headphone jack are available for better audio recording and monitoring.
Benefiting from recording in different lighting conditions, a built-in OM-Log setting can be used to extend the effective dynamic range and provide a greater range of control during post-production color grading when used with the attached LUT file. Use of an external recording monitor is also possible, via the HDMI output, which supports 4: 2: 2 8-bit color for a wider range of color correction.
In addition, a time-lapse movie mode is also available to record up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5fps shooting speed to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are also available, as well as a high-speed Full HD setting with a frame rate of 120 fps.
121-point cross-type phase detection AF
An advanced autofocus system combines 121 on-chip phase detection points and 121 contrast detection areas for fast and accurate focusing performance. The 121 phase detection points are also cross-type, to improve precision in mixed lighting conditions, as well as to enhance subject-tracking capabilities. Different focus modes are available to suit working in various shooting conditions, including 121 points, for general use; 25-point group, for moving subjects such as birds and wildlife, and when 121 points is too wide; Group of 9 points, for smaller and more distant subjects; 5-point group, for when 9 points is too wide or to suit working with closer moving subjects; Individual, to work with small or fixed subjects that do not move; and small AF for working with close-up subjects. Custom AF targets can also be set, to work with specific numbers of focus points within the 121-point grid, and an AF limiter function allows you to restrict the focus distance within a specific range for more responsive performance. In addition, the continuous autofocus sensitivity can be set, to benefit its use during video recording, within five levels for more pleasant focus movements.
Suitable portraits, Face Priority and Eye Priority AF are also available to prioritize the subject's face and eyes. And for working in low-light conditions, focus sensitivity is available down to -3.5 EV, and a dedicated starry sky AF mode can be used to focus on stars and other night sky subjects. Contrary to autofocus capabilities, manual focus users also benefit from live view magnification and focus peak controls for greater precision.
Image stabilization with 5-axis sensor shift
In-body sensor shift image stabilization helps minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 7 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera shake that becomes especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots. macro images and long exposures. Additionally, this unique image stabilization system works on five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and camera shake. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, when combined with select lenses with optical image stabilization, vibration compensation of up to 7.5 stops is possible.
Body design and connectivity
- The 2.36m-dot high-resolution electronic viewfinder is available for eye level monitoring and offers a maximum magnification of 0.74x for clear, distortion-free viewing.
- The 3.0 "1037m-dot rear LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, and is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback. Additionally, an LV Boost mode can be used to optimize screen brightness and prioritize frame rate when working in dark places.
- The included BLH-1 rechargeable Li-ion battery provides approximately 420 shots per charge with normal settings or up to 900 shots per charge with fast sleep mode activated.
- The USB Type-C port can be used to quickly charge the battery in the camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow wireless image sharing and camera control remotely from a connected smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated OIShare app for iOS and Android.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer enhanced flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files on different cards, save duplicate files on both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording. Additionally, one of the card slots is UHS-II compliant for faster read / write speeds when used with a UHS-II compliant card.
- Wide accessory compatibility provided with the addition of 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports, a PC sync flash terminal and top shoe, USB Type-C and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remote controls.
- The rugged splash, dust and freeze proof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the magnesium alloy body to accommodate work in harsh weather conditions and harsh environments, even when connecting a cable, microphone or a pair of headphones.
- The supersonic wave filter and a dust resistant coating are used to greatly reduce the probability of dust reaching the sensor.
- The durable louver unit is rated to perform with over 400,000 actuations.
- Tripod Hi-Res Shooting mode delivers the output equivalent to an 80MP image by combining eight sequentially recorded frames into a single, larger image. Between each exposure, the sensor shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly to acquire more information than in a single exposure, and these frames are composed into a final image with higher resolution and color detail. The TruePic IX processor aids in this process by compensating for any motion blur of the subject and this feature can also be configured to record 50MP or 25MP images.
- Portable High Resolution Shooting mode, like Tripod mode, produces a 50MP JPEG or raw file by composing sequentially recorded files into a single image. Portable High-Resolution Shooting mode differs from Tripod mode by recording 16 independent frames, as opposed to eight, and the slight movement caused by holding the hand provides the necessary range of motion to produce the final image longer.
- Simulating the effects of a neutral density filter, Live ND results in blurry movement of the subject when composing exposures to replicate the appearance of a single image taken at a slower shutter speed. Particularly suitable for photographing moving water, there are five modes available (ND2, ND4, ND8, ND16, and ND32) to vary the way movement is depicted.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually increase an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works only to record newly detected light sources over time and allows you to see how an image develops, making it ideal for shooting star trails or other moving light sources.
- The Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure images. Live Bulb allows you to keep the shutter open for up to a minute and Live Time allows you to press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Professional Capture Mode is a one-time setting that begins recording and buffering full resolution JPEG or raw images before the shutter is fully pressed. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, the frames will begin to be recorded, and once you press the shutter fully, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 35 frames. Also, you can hold down the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
- Interval shooting supports up to 9999 frames with exposure intervals of 1 second to 24 hours.
- Anti-flicker shooting automatically detects the frequency / flicker of artificial lighting and triggers the shutter at times of brightest to produce exposures with consistent exposure and color.
- In-camera focus stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while slightly shifting the focus plane, then combine these exposures into a single frame to display an extended depth of field. Alternatively, focus bracketing lets you record between 3 and 999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a range of 1 to 10 for manual composition during post-production. These modes are only available when working with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f / 2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f / 2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f / 2.8 PRO, 30mm f / 3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f / 2.8 PRO, 8mm F / 1.8 Fisheye PRO, 300mm f / 4 IS PRO, 12-100mm f / 4 IS PRO, and 12-45mm f / 4 PRO lenses, as well as M.Zuiko Digital MC-14 1.4x and MC-20 2.0 x Teleconverters.
- Keystone compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view. Similarly, Fisheye Compensation allows you to use the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f / 1.8 Fisheye PRO lens as a rectilinear wide-angle lens by correcting and removing distortion.
M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f / 2.8 PRO lens
Included with the camera is the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f / 2.8 PRO; a 24-80mm wide portrait equivalent zoom. Its sophisticated optical design, which includes a variety of aspherical, low dispersion and high refractive index elements, reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for remarkable clarity, sharpness and color accuracy. A ZERO lens coating has also been applied to improve contrast when working in bright lighting conditions. Beyond the advanced lens design, this zoom is also characterized by its constant f / 2.8 maximum aperture, as well as its durable, sealed construction for working in a variety of conditions. Additionally, a film- and photo-compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and quiet focus performance.
Camera + Lens 12-40 mm